Sunday, October 28, 2012

Busy, busy, busy

This week has been quit busy, which has been a nice change compared to my "I do nothing but read" days. I had finals, we've played 3 matches and have another one tomorrow, more downtown visits have been made, there was much reading that had to be done and a Halloween practice. 

Friday night we had a fun Halloween practice. We all put on our DIY costumes and tried playing a bit of volleyball. Once that failed we grabbed our knives and pumpkins and began carving designs into them. It was so fun to see the Danes reactions as they carved into their pumpkins for the first time ever. I felt as though I was home with my siblings when I listened to the squeals as they put their hands into the pulp of the pumpkins. We toasted seeds, which was another first time affair and made some wonderful memories.















The weather has dropped drastically which is quite confusing to my California mind.  The windows are beginning to get frosty at night and when I got up for my match Saturday the ground was covered with white frost which I first thought was snow. I am not used to it getting below freezing at this time of year and all I want to do is listen to Christmas music. It's quite bad and I am sad to admit I gave in already. 


Today the business continued as I finally found a church. I biked to Kristuskirkun and participated in an hour long worship services in Danish. Though I couldn't understand what was being said it was such a blessing to be around a community of believers again. I met some people who spoke English and was immediately welcomed into the community. Once the service ended I enjoyed a Vietnamese meal and attended another service in Vietnamese and English. It was amazing to see these people worshiping the Lord in their language. I loved seeing them raise their hands in surrender to Christ and the passion they have for our king. One of my favorite moment where when they sang songs which I recognized and I could worship with them. It was such a great reminder that our God is a God of all nations. I truly feel blessed! 



Well enough rambling and preaching. I hope you all have had a wonderful week.
Enjoy your Sunday and time with your family. 
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment