Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Such a Dane

Today we started our new tradition of once a month team dinners. Triin warmly opened up her home and created a delicious tuna casserole for all of us to enjoy. We chatted and swapped stories with one another and finished off the evening with a slice of pumpkin pie, my favorite! That is one thing I am missing greatly in my days being here. How can a place have actual Fall weather and not indulge in pumpkin festivities?! I just don't understand. 

I am growing closer and closer with my teammates, forming a bond that can not be explained but only those who participate in sports can fully grasp. We spend more time together than with family even; and being an international I am now realizing just how important this relationship with these ladies really are. There are moments when I still want to enjoy an hour or so of alone time (let's face it I never got to fully experience that growing up with my crazy family so I need to take advantage of it while I can!) but I am so thankful for these girls and our moments together. 

I am happy to report that over the course of this week I am been told that I am such a Dane. Now that is quite a feat for me because being a Dane is not so simple. Let me explain the few situations that have awarded me this honor...



1. I have been told that I'm a beast on my bike and have graduated to the 
level of passing other Danes on our bike rides.
2. I have experienced and slightly enjoyed Leverpostej, yes my friends that is
Danish liver pate! I know the vegan eating liver... cray! But 
I realized I could no longer be known as a vegan when I unknowingly ate
duck in France, so liver pate it is. 
3. While I was riding my bike my basket began to wobble and I began to tumble.
Like any old Dane would do I did not hold onto my bike but rather
let my bike fall and took a leap to safety. My roommate Mie (who I like to call 
Mie Thermopolis) was oh so impressed and I felt oh so Danish. 


Mom and Dad should be proud because I am turning into quite the little Dane.


Until next time, enjoy your days and have a little adventure of your own.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment