Thursday, September 20, 2012

Skype

I am going on my third week of being here and this week the feelings began to set in that I am really in Denmark. The weather here makes it feel like Fall with the rain and the cold, something we don't really get in the states this time of year. The cold so far is bearable but I will be happy to get my warm socks and gloves in the mail from my mom. I am loving my experience so far. The people here are great, so friendly and helpful, but I am beginning to miss my family. Because we were in France I was not able to Skype with them last weekend and as the days went on without talking I began to miss them more and more. It is funny how when I was in Riverside I could go a week without seeing them, yet now that I am away it is what I long for. I have grown to cherish the little things like seeing them whenever I felt like driving down the street. Thank the Lord for Skype! I was so blessed to have the chance to talk to everyone the other day. I was filled in on Cheyennes college experience and helped Gabby with her homework, I got to see Levi and his craziness and listen to Isaac and his funny stories and Luke and Gabe were their normal selves just stopping to say a quick hello and go about their day. It was to nice to see their beautiful faces, and though it is through the internet, still be apart of their day.



My days here are sometimes long with little to do. I fill my time with lots of reading and for that I am thankful. In these nearly three weeks since I have been here I've understood the importance of the silence and how that was laking in my life before. I am beginning to love my time where I have hours in the morning to sit under my window with the chill of Fall reading, listening and praying. I feel so blessed to be a tool in the hands of God and I am anxious to see what the next months hold for me here. 

I hope you all are enjoying your week. 
Have a terrific Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment