Friday, September 7, 2012

A green grass view.

Hello friends. I am here in Denmark... crazy I know! It has hit me at times but I am still not fully used to it. There are moments when I love it and moments when I miss the States and all they have to offer. I have not had the chance to do too much touring of the city but what I have seen I love. The buildings are quaint and colorful. And the greenary is amazing. I feel as though I am in an old town Oregon movie. The lifestyle here is so simple which I love. Everyone rides their bikes here, and I mean everyone! College students, highschool students, dads, moms and I even saw an elderly women ridig one earlier. They have bike paths and even bike stoplights! It is quite different but such a great experience.  

I am finding myself slightly homesick. The nights are the worst because that is when my mind goes into thinking mode. I am reminded that I am missing my beautiful niece grow, and my siblings last moments in elementary school. My new friends at church and the ones made years ago. I catch myself thinking of all the many moments I am missing out on, and then I remember that this is a moment itself that so many others will never get to experience. Yes I am sad for the times I will miss but I am confident in the Lord and that He has brought me this far. It's not every day that I will get to wake up in Denmark to a beautiful green grass view having the opportunity to play volleyball for my maker. So here's to Denmark and the many memories and moments made here. 


Here is a little tidbit of my new room! 

Have a wonderful day. And don't forget to hug someone you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment