Sunday, September 9, 2012

Oh so Danish

After almost a week of being in Odense I am beginning to get the hang of things here. I am now comfortable riding my bike on the street next to cars, I can make my way from my apartment to downtown and I am even beginning to understand some of the language when I am shopping for groceries at the market! The lifestyle here is simply wonderful. It's a slower pace from the states but very up and coming. People live how they want and enjoy life to the fullest. The fashion is amazing, and often times I see the men spending more time on their appearance than the women. And if anyone wanted to know where the hipster originated from come to Europe and you'll soon find out! They are everywhere with their skinny jeans and wide brimmed glasses. 

Yesterday I had the opportunity to make my way downtown on my bike and experience my first cup of coffee. I don't know how I will ever be able to go back to the states and be satisfied with Starbucks. I am slowly beginning to love life here. It is still hard to be away from family but thank the Lord for social networking! After Skyping with my family I have realized I thin I can make it 9 months. I'll just have to fill my time with lots of travel and delicious coffee. 

I hope you all had an eventful weekend. Here's some photos from mine...









Enjoy the little things today!

No comments:

Post a Comment