Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Rinse and Repeat

Its been a couple weeks and not much has happened. Our days are a constant repetition of volleyball, TV show marathons, and sleep. Some days we spend downtown exploring the city and finding new places to enjoy lunch, but with our tight budget and need to travel those days have dwindled.
 Our $20 soup

We've had a few games in the past couple weeks and already it is clear our new coach is pushing us to be better. Friday night we celebrated our win over Lyngby by having a girls night. The team came over to our apartment and we enjoyed a night of cocktail dresses and good company. Another game was played last night against the number one team Holte. Though we lost 1-3 we played what I think was some of the best volleyball we have all season. We frustrated the girls on the other side by making them earn every point and keeping their best hitter at a low hitting percentage. We battled and though we didn't come out on top I'm proud of the strides we made this week.
With the Super Bowl playing Sunday a group of Americans (and a few Euros) from our mens and womens teams got together and threw ourselves a little party in the late night to wee hours of the morning. We made some tastey wings and other Americanized food and streamed the game. Though the commercials brought such disappointment this year and my eyes threatened to close from the added hour of the blackout it was great to have a night like home.


The weather is changing and the sun is shinning a bit more. The snow has melted for the most part. Some nights bring more snow but with the sun it is usually sparse by morning. Bike rides can be long with the wind in our face but Betsy and I try and continuously laugh to keep our spirits up. On days with nothing to do I find myself missing home and a busy routine.

 I am still learning so much about life and myself and I am still blessed to be where I am at. The Lord is good and I am so thankful for my blessings. Enjoy your week friends and soak up some warm Cali sun for me.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment