Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sweden Recap

Like I said before this past weekend in Stockholm was amazing. Being in another part of Europe was an experience in itself. The buildings were so completely beautiful and the atmosphere was amazing. The sidewalks were full of people from all over the world and the air had a chill I had never really felt before. I stayed in my first hostel and it was exactly how I had pictured a hostel being. 


We decided to do all the touristy things which lead us to a tour of City Hall where the Nobel Prize recipients are honored with a banquet. The architecture was stunning, like nothing I had ever seen before. We got to see then room where the recipients and royal family dine and stand on the floor where they dance at the end of the night. 



Along with the sight seeing the food was to die for. I experienced my first bratwurst from a street vender, indulged in the best soup known to man kind and ate way too many pastries. Along with the food I was in coffee heaven! I'm not sure if it was the whole experience with the lovely coffee shops, but I am already missing the delicious cafĂ© latte. 





However, though Sweden was splendid I could never live there. Experiencing only 7 hours of daylight and that cold of weather was something I could never get used to. It was a lovely place to visit and  weekend I will forever remember. 



Again I feel so extremely blessed to be having this opportunity. The Lord is showing me every day how He is my provider. It amazes me that I have the opportunity to see His creation in another light around the world. I am so thankful for this opportunity and blessed to be where I am. It was a weekend in Sweden I will forever remember.


I hope you all are having a wonderful week. 
Enjoy the holidays and time with friends and family.
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment