Saturday, June 16, 2012

DIY Gifts: Framed Memories

Happy weekend everyone! Today I have my first DIY post. With graduations and parties I figured this would be a perfect time to share an easy but perfectly cute gift idea. Its great for grads because they can use it to spruce up their new office, classroom or wherever their career takes them.
So enough chat, here is my creation of framed memories:


I made this one for my best friend Kate and she completely loved it! Heres what you will need...

  • an old frame ( you can buy one at the goodwill or find one around the house)
  • a can of spray paint (color your choice)
  • ribbon/twine/lace
  • clothes pins
  • pictures and other decorative accessories
  • a hot glue gun






Now the fun begins!
First clean the frame and then spray paint it. Once the frame is dried grab your ribbon/twine/lace and glue to the back of the frame. You can decorate the inside any way you'd like, adding more ribbon than I did or less. Just be creative! Next add your own personal touch. Write a note or put on a few 
     pictures and voilĂ ! You have the perfect grad gift!

Have a wonderful weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment